Monday, May 25, 2009

Sounds like your week was pretty good. Mine was great! The language is coming great. The other day we learned subjunctive, our last conjugation. Now all that is left is practicing and learning more verbs. This Thursday in the TRC we get to teach the first lesson in Spanish. There's a lot of work to do to get ready, but we already know most of the words. We just have to put them all into a lesson plan. With work, and help from the Spirit, I'm sure it'll work out.

This last week in the TRC was amazing! We were teaching the second lesson to a guy and a girl, and it went awesome. We smoothed through it all, and taught in almost perfect unity, which is tricky with a trio. The Spirit was definitely there, and did all of the teaching. I'm pretty sure about at least 95% of the words I said were not mine. And especially when I bore my testimony about the Atonement, the Spirit was way strong. I felt impressed to focus on the guy and talked more about Christ suffering for our trials and afflictions than I did about His suffering for our sins. I really stressed about how if we are going through a hard time that Christ can help us through it because he's been there himself. Somehow I thought that the guy needed to hear that. Maybe he did. We all could definitely feel the spirit.

Hermano Adams has been gone for a while, so we've had a few subs. The other day Hermana Peñaflor had us watch a DVD of a 2000 talk at the MTC by Elder Holland. Then last night after the fireside we went and watched another talk by him, this one in 2006. In both of them he talked about missions. He is way passionate about missions, and yelled a bit. Well, not really yelled. We like to look at it as more of a passionate cry. Both movies were really great. We've decided that it would be really cool if Elder Holland came to devotional tomorrow, just so he can yell at us. :) I love him. Elder Neuenschwander of the 70 spoke in last week's devotional. It was really good. I love the opportunity we have to hear all these great men and their wives talk.
I love our district and our teachers. Our teachers are always telling us how much they love us. The other day Hermano Huber walked in the room when Hermano Adams was teaching and we all went "Eh!!!" He got the biggest smile on his face and said that when he goes to other classes they're like "Hey, what's up?" But when he walks into ours we all yell "Eh!!!" It made his day. He was gone Saturday so we had a sub, cause he was going home for his brother's seminary graduation. But he said he's missing his brother's school graduation so he can be with us. I love Hermano Huber! And one of our subs, Hermana Penaflor told us once that out of all the classes she visits in a day ours definitely has a better spirit. And the next day, she told us that the other teachers call us the "celestial district." It's great how much all the teachers love us. And we love them all, they're great!

Some of the things we've been taught this week have really hit me hard. Hermano Penaflor talked about how as much as he would love to, God can't appear on someone's doorstep and teach the first lesson. So he sends missionaries to do it. Last night in the movie of Elder Holland he read Moses 1:39-"For behold, this is my work and my glory, to bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of man." He talked about how it is God's work and glory, and that if it is going to be done it has to get done God's way, and God's way is through the Spirit. So we must teach with the Spirit, having the proper power and authority, which we as missionaries do. Having God's power, we have more power than any cabinet, parliament, kingdom, government, etc. But we have to use it the right way.

Some of the other things that we've been taught have really helped me realize that people's souls and salvation are at stake here. We are not just teaching others, we are bringing them unto Christ and his gospel, through faith in Jesus Christ and his Atonement, repentance, baptism, receiving the Holy Ghost, and enduring to the end. Exactly what Preach My Gospel says is our purpose.

Speaking of Preach My Gospel, I really wish I would have read it before coming. We are learning so much out of it, but if I had learned this stuff before getting here I'd be that much more ahead. I highly encourage every young man preparing for a mission, and even the young women considering it, to read and study Preach My Gospel.

Well, I think that's about it. Not much else has happened. Just study, study, teach, study, RC, study, teach, ...... I'm really enjoying it here though. It's a great experience and I'm learning a lot. I love it here.

I want to close with my testimony:

Yo sé qué Dios es nuestro Padre Celestial. Sé qué Jesucristo es nuestro Salvador, y Él sufrió y motó por nosotros. Porque Jesucristo sufrió, nosotros podemos llegar a ser limio de nuestros pecados. Yo testifico qué José Smith fue un profeta de Dios, y él traducó el Libro de Mormón. José Smith fue llamar de Dios. El Libro de Mormón es la palabra de Dios y es verdadero. Thomas S. Monson es un profeta hoy, y tiene la autoridad y poder de Dios. Sé qué estoy en el lugo correcto. Yo testifico qué las familias son muy importante en el plan de Dios, y las familias pueden ser juntos para siempre. Yo amo mi familia. Sé qué el Evangelio es verdadero. En el nombre de Jesucristo, Amén.

No comments:

Post a Comment