Monday, May 4, 2009

I bore my testimony yesterday. In Spanish. I was pretty confident, cause I've done it before, just not in front of a group. But I thought I could do it. Till I got up there and blanked. I was able to stumble through it, and got told that it was really good. I guess it was pretty good, considering I've been here for a week and a half. Well, almost two weeks. Wow, how time flies!
It's rained a couple times here, but for the most part it's been really warm. I love the weather! Yesterday for our temple walk it was sunny and warm. Really warm, but better than the snow last week. This morning we went to the temple again. I'm loving being able to go every Monday, even though we have to get up at 5:30 for it. It's a great experience to go. I hope I can go a lot in Chile.
We had TRC on Thursday. That's where we meet someone (a temple recommend holder pretending to be a nonmember) and talk with them in Spanish for a few minutes. We do this with a couple people, then teach the 1st lesson to one of them. The girl we got is a student at BYU, and afterwards we found out that she went to the Chile Santiago North Mission. The lesson went really well, and the spirit was really strong. I read Moroni 10:3-5 at the end, and bore my testimony about praying to know if these things are true. The spirit was way strong there, and I could tell she felt it. After the closing prayer I asked how she felt, and she said she felt peaceful. She really liked how she felt when I testified about Moroni 10. I told her that the peaceful feeling was the spirit, and it was telling her that what we said was true. It was a great experience.
I love being here. The spirit is really strong, and it's easy to know the church is true. Last night after the Sunday night fireside, we watched Joseph Smith: Prophet of the Restoration. The spirit was way strong and testified to me several times that the things the movie portrayed really happened. I have always had a testimony of Joseph Smith, but that just really helped to confirm it even more so. I know that he saw God the Father and His Son Jesus Christ and that the church and priesthood were restored to the earth through Joseph Smith. I know that he translated the Book of Mormon and that it is true and was written for our day.
My time's about to run out, so I'd better head. I love you all and can't wait to see you in two years. but until then I know that I'm where I'm supposed to be and couldn't be anywhere better. Talk to you next week.
Elder Murdoch
P.S. Dear Elder's great, but hand written letters are even better, fyi (hint hint, wink wink) :-) I have come to know for myself how much missionaries love letters. If the time becomes available, that is. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment