Tuesday, April 28, 2009

First Week at the MTC

Hola! Como esta? Things are going really great! I love my district, love my companero(companion), the food, everything! I learned that it is true what everyone says though: "Thursday is the worst day." It's true. Thursday I was feeling really depressed, was struggling with the language, and just wasn't sure if I could do it. But I stuck with it, and every day since then has been wonderful. I'm really picking up on the language, and can now somewhat pray, and bare my testimony, and other stuff. It's going well.
We have wonderful teachers, Hermano Adams and Hermano Huber. (Hermano means brother) Hermano Adams is really funny, and his classes are always fun, and we learn a lot. Hermano Huber is a little more spiritual and quiet. I've learned a lot from both of them. I'm learning more stuff about the gospel and how to teach it. I love it! Although being stuck in a room that small, with 10 other guys, is not the ideal way to spend 10+ hours of my day, it's still fun. My district is great, Elder Driggs is a great companion and example, and Elderes Andelin and Wiggins are way fun.
The other day in the lunch line I met an elder going to the Czech Republic. I told him to watch out for Elder Anderson. Turns out Elder Anderson is his cousin. His Grandma is Grandpa's Sister. So I guess that makes us second cousins? Crazy! I've also met someone who knows Steph Brady, and the Belnaps. And Wednesday at dinner I met some of Michael's students. I was sitting by a guy whose nametag had syrillic looking writing on it, and I heard him tell someone he's going to Bulgaria. So I told him that's where my brother who is teaching here went. Turns out Michael is his teacher. It's a small MTC.
I just went and visited Michael for a few minutes. It was nice to see him and I hope I can see him some more while I'm here.
Sundays and Mondays are amazing! Sunday we have a few meetings and a lot of time to just hang out. It's a little relieve from the work of a normal day. After Sacrament yesterday we went on a walk around the temple. It was snowing, but wasn't too cold. I wore my big coat. It's really nice. I got some really good pictures that I'll try to send next week, I forgot my USB pluggin thing.
This morning we went to a session at the temple. It was really great, I could feel the spirit and was refreshed and wide awake after, despite waking up at 5:30 for the temple. It was a nice experience. The rest of Monday consists mainly of laundry, writing home, and relaxing.
It's still kind of overwhelming how much I have to learn in such a short period of time. But I've already learned a lot, and keep learning more each day. I've been calmed and reassured by the Spirit, and I know that the Lord will help me. I know I'l where I'm supposed to be; there's nowhere better I could be. The people in Chile have been or are being prepared for me, as I am for them. I don't know any of them, but I love all of them, and can't wait to get down there and start teaching them. It will certainly be the best two years of my life.
Well, my time's almost up. Maybe I'll send a letter home later in the week. I love you all and appreciate everything you do for me.
I love you and can't wait to see you in two years!
Elder Murdoch

No comments:

Post a Comment