Monday, March 8, 2010

Well, another transfer, and another sector. This time transfers were really different. Both me and Elder Squire left and two more Elders came. Elder Squire went to Renca, really close to where I started. I am now in the zone San Pablo, sector Dorsal 2. My new companion is Elder Rasmussen, who actually got here on the same plane as me. He´s great and I´m excited to work with him. My district leader, Elder Romero, (from Columbia) from Dorsal 1, was in Carrión before. So today we talked some about some members, and I´m sure we´ll talk a lot more.

I´m really bummed to not be able to see the baptism of Tomás, but the Lord knows why I had to go. Tomás was actually going to get baptized last Sunday, but couldn´t because of the earthquake. So we rescheduled for Friday. But then another sector was going to have a baptism Sunday(yesterday) after Stake Conference, and the bishop said that would be better, since Friday at 6 it would be hard to find Priesthood holder to be there. But Tomás has family that couldn´t go Sunday. So we, after much discusion, rescheduled again. This time for this Saturday. But now I´m not there so I won´t get to see it. But I know that he will be baptized, and that´s what´s important.

About the Stake Conference: it was really great. Actually, Elder Richard G. Scott was going to come here and talk, and visit members, but because of the earthquake that got changed. Instead we watched a broadcast from the Conference Center. Bradley Foster of the 70, the General Primary President, Elder Bednar, and President Monson all talked. It was a special broadcast for all the stakes in Chile. They talked about the Atonement, serving others, and other topics. It was really great.

We have been still feeling a lot of tremors after the earthquake. Especially in the 9th floor. But things are settling down and we´re hoping everything should return to normal. I heard something about that the earthquake set the motion of the earth off, and now the days are 2 seconds shorter. I don´t know if it´s true, but it would be interesting.

Well, I gotta go, my comp´s waiting for me. So, talk to ya next week!

Elder Murdoch

PS. some pictures from a service we did in Vivaceta Tuesday. They had a back patio in which the wall fell down. It was a lot of adobe, as is the case with a lot of houses here. So we took out a lot of dirt and adobe. It was pretty fun. Plus, a couple houses that had some damage in our sector. But not too much fortunately.

No comments:

Post a Comment